Taskology Email Management
How to Manage Email with Ease
and Take Charge of Your Workday
So You Can Focus on Priorities and Progress
According to the Annual Email Statistics Report from The Radicati Group, “In 2015, the number of businesses emails sent and received per day total[ed] 112 billion. This figure is expected to grow each year reaching more than 128 billion by 2019.”
So, email is not slowing down anytime soon. More is already on its way.
And there’s no bad time to learn how to manage email BETTER.
When was the last time you felt in total control of your email Inbox?
Do you get your Inbox to zero every day? If not, have you reached zero recently? In the past couple of weeks?
Or was it months ago? Maybe right before you left for a vacation?
Or has it been years? Perhaps dating all the way back to the very first day you started your current job!?
More than likely, it’s been a while since your Inbox has seen zero. The norm today, rather than the exception, is for busy professionals to let their emails accumulate and remain in the Inbox for an indefinite period of time. In fact, it’s not unusual for professionals to have hundreds or thousands of emails in their Inbox dating back several months—or years!
It’s also common for people to settle for searching their Inboxes when they need something—whether scrolling with a manual search or using the Search feature to run a system search.
And what’s the problem with that, you ask?
Your email Inbox is not a file cabinet and it’s not a to-do list.
In addition, you may not realize how much time you lose when you have to stop what you’re doing and look for too long to find information, attachments and emails that should be at your fingertips.
Think about it…
- Are you sure you haven’t missed important information buried in a message that already scrolled off the screen?
- Do you know for certain that you’ve read every email you’ve received and made decisions about each one so you can move it along?
- Have you ever found yourself scrolling through your emails and—WHAM!— you realize there’s something urgent you forgot to do?
- Do you waste precious time reading the same emails over and over again because you flagged them and don’t want to forget to take care of to-dos? And because you’re not sure what else to do with them?
- Are you fed up with trying to find e-documents and other important information you’ve “saved” in your email Inbox so you wouldn’t lose it?
- And, most importantly, are you more reactive to what’s coming into your Inbox every minute than the important tasks and priorities that are on your to-do list?
If you’re nodding your head, “Yes! Yes! Yes!” then you know it’s time for a change.
Even if you’ve never thought about it much before, it’s important to know that NOT getting your Inbox to zero every day (or close to it) has been hindering your workday efficiency, effectiveness and productivity—and therefore your progress—BIG time.
In fact, given how much we rely on email today, I believe knowing how to manage your email is second only to effective task management when it comes to taking control of your workday productivity.
The only problem is,
you’ve never really been taught how to manage your email.
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- From time to time, you take a weekend, a holiday or a vacation (yikes!) to “catch up” on your email, but within a week your Inbox has built up again.
- You’ve worked out your own homegrown system for managing email with dozens of email folders and you believe you’re organized (but guess what? There *is* such a thing as “over-organizing!)
- You’ve set up an email folder for every person who’s ever sent you an email so you can have “a place for everything.” But what you’ve really done is create an email MONSTER—with so many sub-folders you can’t remember where you put emails.
- You have SO many emails in your Inbox that you’ve resorted to printing out the “really, really important” e-mails because you just don’t trust you’ll ever find it again.
- You often start email replies with, “I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you, but…”
If so, here’s what I want you to know…
If you’re drowning in a sea of e-mail
—no matter how many you have or how old they are—
I’m about to throw you a life preserver.
With Taskology Email Management you’ll learn the BEST method
for managing emails and email folders.
AND… you’ll find out how to get your Inbox to zero…
every… single… day.
Here are just a few examples of what clients are saying…
Pat Isaac, CEO
Capital Services, LLC
Eddie Jenkins, CIO
Lonnie Power, National Sales Manager
Rob Bavar, Vice President
Bavar Properties Group, LLC
Tom Hutchinson, Senior Vice President
Ingrid West, President
I also want to let you in on a little secret…
Even if you’re convinced you receive “more emails than anyone else in the world,” getting to zero isn’t going to be as tough as you think it will be. The Taskology system makes it easy.
Taskology® The Science of Getting Things Done is a simple, logical and easy-to-use system and this email management component of the system gives you the simple, yet effective strategies to use so you can STOP living from your Inbox and start making more progress on important tasks and priorities.
Once you experience the relief and control of having an empty Inbox on a regular basis, you’ll not only start making serious progress, but you’ll never again wonder what emails you missed or where important information or attachments are hiding. You’ll never want to go back to “the way it was” ever again. You’ll see how easy it is to avoid letting your Inbox run your day and then… you’ll never look back.
When you order this e-book today, you’ll learn:
- The systems you’ll want to have in place FIRST so tackling your Inbox is a breeze, no matter how many emails you receive each day.
- Why filing emails in dozens of email folders DOESN’T mean they’re in the right place (Hint: they’re usually not!)
- Why flagging emails is one of the TOP 3 most inefficient methods for keeping track of to-dos from emails.
- The deciding factors necessary to know when to set up specific email folders and when NOT to.
- The BEST use of email folders to maximize your time and save your sanity (Psst! It’s likely different than what you’re doing now!)
- The process for managing new emails arriving in the Inbox and how to stay on top of them every day instead of playing catch up later.
- How using email Rules might be causing you more trouble and risk than you realize.
- How to manage emails in the Sent, Deleted and Junk email folders.
- The two different kinds of reading you receive in your Inbox and how to manage both efficiently.
- And a whole lot more!
Above all, when you implement these proven email management strategies
—the ones I’ve developed and fine-tuned for more than a decade—
you can stop living from your Inbox and focus more on your priorities.
So the only question that remains is…
Are you ready to work more efficiently, effectively and productively
so you can take charge of your progress once and for all?